As a result of our exploration in the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico since around two years ago, we have spread the word about our ecotourism and other eco-oriented experiences so far. It is time to test your knowledge about some discoveries we shared through publication of ecotreasures ® stories under the eco section. You may dare yourself to answer the questions listed below without reading the articles again, or feel free to refresh your memory. If you are a first-time ecotreasures reader, dig up the information and catch up with our followers. Whether you are a recurrent ecotreasures reader or newbie, accepting the challenge to answer the Eco Quiz may be entertaining. You may even get together with family or friends, and test who is the most knowledgeable about ecotreasures experiences since quizzes have been published under all magazine’s sections in this issue.
Are you ready to embark on the new adventure?
The ecotreasures’ Eco Quiz:
1) The ecotreasures crew navigated on a body of water that in the 19th century was part of a route for goods transportation from the eastern side of Puerto Rico towards the San Juan area. Navigating on this body of water was a measure to prevent attacks from pirates. What is the name of this body of water?
2) An ecotreasures crew member saw turtles in a natural reserve where she made stops nearby five bodies of water and learned about some structures related to Puerto Rico’s history in the 1940s. What is the common name of the turtles seen?
3) While the ecotreasures crew navigated on a body of water, a local guide informed the crew about Puerto Rico’s African heritage, especially its influence in a particular municipality.
a) Which birds were lined up while they witnessed the ecotreasures crew’s departure on such body of water?
b) What are three examples of cultural amusements based on Afro-Caribbean influence, and that were mentioned by the local guide?
4) During a guided tour in a natural reserve, an ecotreasures crew member admired the ecosystems of four types of mangroves: the red mangrove, white mangrove, black mangrove and button mangrove. What is the name of this nature reserve?
5) An ecotreasures crew member took care of manatees on the northern side of Puerto Rico. What do three of these manatees and the Taínos indigenous people have in common? Describe.
Good luck! Curiosity leads to the knowledge path. Seek and you shall learn what you inquire and beyond that.